POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific inquiry : Re: Scientific inquiry Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific inquiry
From: scott
Date: 22 May 2012 08:35:26
Message: <4fbb880e$1@news.povray.org>
> Unfortunately, as I say, the probe for the thermocouple is very long and
> thin. It would probably work great for measuring the temperature of the
> air in a room, or of a flask of liquid. (That's probably what the lab
> guys want it for.) I'm not sure how appropriate it is for measuring the
> surface temperature of a solid object.

You need some of these:

http://www.eurodidact.co.uk/images/nicrni-01.jpg

That's what we use, you can then just glue or tape several of them onto
whatever you want to log (and leave 1 or 2 dangling around for the air
temperature).

although it entirely depends on how much heat the CPU is dissipating.
If it's dissipating 35W of heat, that gives a thermal resistance of

that's probably affecting the exhaust temperature significantly.

Besides, isn't your job to send it back to Dell when it's broken, not
try and repair it yourself?