POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: scott
Date: 22 May 2012 06:44:45
Message: <4fbb6e1d@news.povray.org>
> Come to think of it, I'm trying to think of a talent I could even
> hypothetically possess which would actually impress anybody. It seems
> people are just hard to impress. "Oh, you can play violin? Sure, so can
> every orchestra I've ever seen. Big deal." "Oh, so you can dance? Big
> deal, Harry Judd learned how to do every dance there is in just 12
> weeks." "You can do maths? Yeah, so can every college teacher in the
> country." It's actually surprisingly difficult to come up with things
> that would impress the average person on the street...

People will be impressed if you state your level of expertise or actual
achievements.  Not just I play violin, but I play in xxx orchestra or
have played in xxx concert hall.  Not just I race karts at weekends, but
I finished 3rd in the under 18 national championship.  Not just I write
code, but I wrote code for a game/app that sold x million copies.

If you haven't got any achievements like that, then practise some more
and push yourself to get some! (assuming you want to impress people)