POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Red Dead Redemption : Re: Red Dead Redemption Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Red Dead Redemption
From: Warp
Date: 21 May 2012 17:30:35
Message: <4fbab3fb@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> First time around I completed a few main missions and then gone on just
> wandering aimlessly through the desolate but beautiful lands, hunting the
> various kind of fauna out there, helping strangers assailed by gangs or beasts,
> accepting various sorts of challenges and duels, galloping with my horse like
> there's no tomorrow.  That's not even counting the main plot!

  You also get to play Texas Hold'em.

> I feel glad that 2 of the current generation top games have been historical
> simulations of sorts.  I'm sick of war and marines of all kind...

  Have you tried the Assassin's Creed series? Perhaps not so realistic,
but their stated idea is that they are placed at time periods that are
very rarely used in games. (The vast majority of "historical" games are
placed on big wars, WW2 being the most common, the golden age of piracy,
the American civil war, ancient Rome, Napoleonic times, etc.)

  Also, they look gorgeous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Assassin%27s_Creed_II_gondola_screen.jpg

--
                                                          - Warp