POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: Warp
Date: 21 May 2012 14:34:46
Message: <4fba8ac5@news.povray.org>
> I don't have any experience with the guitar (so Warp will probably
> correct me as he does and is pretty good from what I've seen), but I
> think with the frets, you don't have to apply as much pressure as you do
> on a fretless instrument, so it probably doesn't induce the same amount
> of pain or trouble when you're out of practice.

  I have never played a fretless instrument so I really don't know, but
I'm assuming there's not much difference in pressure needed.

  Fretless instruments certainly require more precision because pressing
even slightly on the wrong place will audibly alter the pitch, so you'll
sound like you are playing a badly tuned instrument.

  On the plus side, a fretless instrument allows much easier and richer
vibratos and pitch slides that are much more limited in fretted instruments.

--
                                                          - Warp