POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gradient variations : Re: gradient variations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gradient variations
From: clipka
Date: 18 May 2012 08:45:01
Message: <4fb6444d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.05.2012 12:24, schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> What about... interpolating in HSV or HSL space ?

No, thanks - we certainly don't want to average hues. That would mess up
every gradient involving some neutral grey and any other color, giving
the transition an unexpected reddish hue (or whatever hue our algorithm
would assign to grey).

> any available scene source ?

Nope; the scene relies on a source code patch, which won't make it into
3.7.0 (it may become part of some future 3.7.1 though).