POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : best to animate simple moving meshes : Re: best to animate simple moving meshes Server Time
5 May 2024 10:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: best to animate simple moving meshes
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 17 May 2012 10:02:07
Message: <4fb504df$1@news.povray.org>
noam wrote:

> Thanks! That solves almost everything, but how would I create an array for the
> orientation matrices (I assume I would to create an array of matrices and then
> index through it using 'clock')?

If you just want to apply transformations to your object you can
create an array such as

#declare TRANSFORMS = array[42];

#declare TRANSFORMS[0] = transform {rotate 90*x translate 5*z};
#declare TRANSFORMS[1] = ...

and use it like this

object
{
   transform {TRANSFORMS[i]}
}

Of course you can also use a twodimensional array (or multiple
arrays) to holds the individual rotation and translation parameters
or matrix elements.