POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 17 May 2012 04:12:00
Message: <4fb4b2d0@news.povray.org>
>> OTOH, last night I got my violin out, and found the D-string loose. When
>> I tried to tighten it, it snapped in half. So /that/ should be cheap to
>> fix...>_<
>
> I'd have that problem now with mine as well - and I need to get the D
> string peg replaced, because it's worn down to the point of not
> sticking.  I know you can get "peg dope" to make it stick better, but in
> the end I think a good fitting replacement is a better long-term strategy.

It took be about an hour to tune the violin when I first brought it
home. As soon as I let go on the tuning peg, it would instantly go slack
again. Took me ages to make it stick. Not sure if worn out or just
poorly made in the first place...

I'm wondering whether I should pay to have the violin restringed, or
just buy a decent-quality violin. Given my playing skills, probably the
former...