POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows growing over time is now an official feature : Re: Windows growing over time is now an official feature Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows growing over time is now an official feature
From: Invisible
Date: 16 May 2012 04:28:03
Message: <4fb36513$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/05/2012 09:28 PM, Warp wrote:
>    Windows has basically always been infamous for taking more and more
> disk space over time, no matter how much you try to clean it. It just
> grows. No other OS I know of does this.
>
>    Apparently that behavior is now an official feature that cannot be
> turned off.

In summary, "when you install an update, we keep a copy of the old
version as well as the updated one".

To be completely fair, I've seen Linux package managers that won't
redownload stuff you've already downloaded once. The difference being,
presumably there's a way to safely delete the cached content if you want to.

I've always thoroughly disliked Micro$oft's attitude of "if our software
isn't fast enough, buy more hardware". But since there is precisely
nothing I can do to change it, it's pointless to complain...