POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 15 May 2012 05:15:45
Message: <4fb21ec1@news.povray.org>
>> Ode to Joy.
>
> Do you mean from the last movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony, or some
> other arrangement?

IDE. I just played what they put in front of me.

> There's no massive pizz section in the 9th symphony

It only /started/ pizzicato. After that it went arco again.

> As for playing loud - oh, yes, you can - more pressure and faster bow
> strokes.  If the strokes aren't fast enough, then it sounds scratchy (and
> that's no good).

Hmm, interesting.

As I say, I haven't played violin for about 20 years. So having one in
my hands again, I'm struggling to remember what you're actually supposed
to do with it... I guess the long and short of it is that I need to find
a professional violin teacher.