POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 15 May 2012 01:48:34
Message: <4fb1ee32$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/14/2012 7:05 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2012 18:28:00 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>
>  (we have a neighbor who's a violin maker who works on
> instruments for a few members of the Utah Symphony).

Am I then correct in my assumption that you're an athiest who lives in
Salt Lake City?  If so, how is that?  The other non-Mormons who I know
who live there sometimes seem a little frustrated.  (Feel free not to
answer if too personal/inflammatory for a semi-public setting like this).

> I played in the Greater Twin Cities' Youth Symphonies in Minneapolis as a
> kid - and toured the USSR in 1988 with the orchestra.

That's awesome!

> Fortunately, I have good recordings of all three pieces. :)

Out of curiosity, who are the recordings by?  I've always taken to
Karajan for Beethoven and have a soft spot for Maazel's Tchaikovsky
symphonies, but I've focused on breadth rather than depth in my
classical music listening so I'm pretty ignorant on this matter.