POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle : Re: Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prelude to a puzzle
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2012 22:05:17
Message: <4fb1b9dd@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 14 May 2012 18:28:00 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> On 5/14/2012 6:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, that's it.  (I've played all three pieces, maybe that's why I
>> conflated them....I suppose I could blame that)
>>

> I take it you're a violinist (based on this and your comments to
> Invisible)?  I was not aware of that, are you still active?

Yep, and haven't played in a while.  I need to get my violin repaired,
actually - had some maintenance done several years ago and some varnish
got stuck to the top of the sound post - the repair's going to cost about
$400 to complete (we have a neighbor who's a violin maker who works on
instruments for a few members of the Utah Symphony).

I played in the Greater Twin Cities' Youth Symphonies in Minneapolis as a
kid - and toured the USSR in 1988 with the orchestra.

>> For my punishment, I shall have to listen to all three pieces.
>>
>> Oh, damn. :)
>>

> Behold the sad fate of those who disappoint Jim!

LOL

Fortunately, I have good recordings of all three pieces. :)

Jim