POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific inquiry : Re: Scientific inquiry Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific inquiry
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 May 2012 11:51:20
Message: <4fad3578@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 May 2012 15:12:52 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> I might try running it with the case opened, and a temperature probe
> pressed against the CPU heat-sink. (Not sure if that will cause
> electrical problems though...)

It shouldn't, as the heat-sink is attached to the top of the CPU using a
non-conductive adhesive.  If it conducted electricity, that would add to
its heat load (most likely) and cause the temp to go up.

Quite possibly the laptop does not have a thermal sensor that's
calibrated to +/- 0.2C.  It's possible the sensor has failed in some way.

Jim