POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scented Oil Burner : Re: Scented Oil Burner Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scented Oil Burner
From: James Holsenback
Date: 9 May 2012 11:35:27
Message: <4faa8ebf$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/09/2012 10:55 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 9-5-2012 14:36, James Holsenback wrote:
>> OK here's the final version ... lowering samples in subsurface globals
>> shaved 4.5 hrs off the render time.
>
> Lovely.

thanks

> Forgot to ask: Excellent flame media; I seem to remember this to be in
> the Scenes folder but I don't see it there. Is this Trevor Quayle's code
> perhaps?

Yes it is ... with some modifications. Removed projected_through as it
was causing an unwanted shadow. I also removed the sphere that contained
the media that produced a yellow halo effect, and played around with the
area_light size because I wanted more "fuzzy" edges on the shadows that
were close to the light source ... I had to go to my backups to get it,
because I've not used it in a while, but the original code can be found
here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4666afce2c74cfc0c150d4c10@news.povray.org%3E/