POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scented Oil Burner : Re: Scented Oil Burner Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scented Oil Burner
From: James Holsenback
Date: 7 May 2012 09:14:57
Message: <4fa7cad1@news.povray.org>
On 05/07/2012 06:32 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> Did you look at it After Dark...? ;-)
>>

> :-D
>

>> Aargh! Each time I finally hope to be elevated to the Empyrean of
>> Sublime Art, those old farts come up from behind, pushing me to the side
>> again and again! One day, mister van Rijn, I shall let you stumble over
>> the edge for good :-)
>
> Is that Meneer Nicholas van Rijn or Meester Rembrandt?
> If only there had been better lighting in the 17th century. Then I would
> have no complaints.

Here's a different version with radiosity ... unfortunately I seem to
have picked up an artifact on the candle holder. Guess I should have not
added that extra torus without re-doing my radiosity pass ... hmmm now
It's got me wondering if doing a pass (radiosity) without subsurface on
the wax pieces, to collect/save radiosity data, then do a pass with
subsurface on. There was about a 17hr difference in render time. BTW: I
DID have radiosity on (for the 2nd pass) in the globals subsurface block.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (836 KB)

Preview of image 'work.png'