POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spoken languages in the past : Re: Spoken languages in the past Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spoken languages in the past
From: nemesis
Date: 30 Apr 2012 12:00:16
Message: <4f9eb710@news.povray.org>
On a related note, there are some who doubt a virtuoso pianist of the
19th century such as Liszt were all the good (despite the account from
other composers that he would play difficult concerto pieces on first
sight) because there was no recording.

I've also heard some jazz guys suggesting Bach's music was played more
relaxed back them, rhythm-wise.  Which is too say, it'd sound quite a
lot like jazz, rather than with its characteristic rhythmic sameness
found in recordings.

Forgetting the past and then reimagining it has led to many works of
fiction as well.  The greek forgot their past mycennean civilization and
came up with the Illiad to explain the many wars in oral legends and The
ages of man to explain the bronze obssession of the previous bronze age
civiliations.

I wonder how future civilizations will reimagine our dark digital age.
"These guys surely were a quiet lot!"

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9