POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's that time again : Re: It's that time again Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's that time again
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Apr 2012 05:33:55
Message: <4f9e5c83@news.povray.org>
On 28/04/2012 11:16 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> OK, so in a few hours I'm driving to Berkshire. And then tomorrow, I
> dance in the regional qualifiers for this year's IDTA national dance
> competition.
>
> NOT NERVOUS AT ALL. >_<

A whole weekend of stress, sleep deprivation, dehydration, fasting and
standing around waiting. I don't feel too good today, actually.

We found out last week that we qualified for the IDTA national finals in
Blackpool. (They take the 10 best couples. On Wednesday they put up the
entry sheet, showing that only 5 couples entered in our category.) So
that leaves only the South East Area Medallist event to worry about.

Last year me and Lynn got 6th place. However, having just completed my
Gold Bar 1 exam (with honours, no less), we are now in a higher
category, which has more entrants. The group were two heats, a
semi-final and then the final. We made it to the semi-final, but did not
make it to the final.

(Nicole is actually quite annoyed about that, since the final consisted
of 5 really good dancers, plus one couple who were pretty rubbish. She
feels that should have been us, not them. But hey, it's not all about
skill; a good amount of /luck/ comes into it too. I guess we were just
unlucky.)

Anyway, now it's Monday morning, and our main server has suffered a
mysterious disk anomaly, which means the server is no longer
functioning. No big deal, you know... >_<