POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Apr 2012 07:19:36
Message: <4f9bd248@news.povray.org>
Note, once I do have things where I need them, and junk stuff removed, I
will probably use the external 1TB drive I already got to do backups,
presuming I can get the backup software to do a decent job. Some where
between Onetouch 3 and Onetouch 4, they completely screwed the software
that drive came with, so that it refused to update files in certain
folders, at all, and restricted what you could backup to specific types.
Needless to say, since I don't run a damn office, I found the idea that
it would backup .xls files, but not say .pov, for example, to be
complete idiocy.

I doubt Windows 7's new backup thing is that stupid, but since I never
got a version of it to work on prior machines (bloody XP version thought
"floppies" where the way to do things, and didn't know what to do with
the CD drive, never mind a DVD drive...), I am not going to assume that
it will work perfectly. lol