POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Transition between two medias : Re: Transition between two medias: Final result Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transition between two medias: Final result
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Apr 2012 08:10:40
Message: <4f993b40$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-4-2012 12:41, Stephen wrote:
> I like it but the style is so different from everything else. Those
> front towers could be from the Far East. The citadel is almost European.

The city being a kind of multicultural hub, architectural and cultural
influences come from different parts of the world. The Temple complex is
typically Indian (Nagara-style sakhara) to something more mixed
Indian/Chinese in front. To the right, the Poseidon temple is typically
Greek; the citadel in the back is based on a Mycenaean ground
plan/elevation (Tiryns) and the old palace will have Cretan elements. It
seems a bit extreme perhaps, but it shows the city as I dream it... ;-)

>> Note the crude aspect of the "faked"urbanism in close up ;-)
>
> Understandable. I suppose the trick is to balance resources against what
> detail is required. To model a whole city in detail would require more
> than a typical home computer.

> systems.

I am working on some alternatives. Maybe as some intermediate technique...

Drainage and water supply are still a big problem...

Thomas