POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Apr 2012 23:36:36
Message: <4f98c2c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2012 1:12, Invisible wrote:
> You do all of that stuff from /outside/ your transactions, that's all.

Except that .NET is about components, so that doesn't work out too well.

And if you're talking about putting Haskell on .NET, then your entire
program becomes one "transaction". (Note we've moved to talking about STM
from talking about Haskell, which was not my intention. It was an analogy.)

> Remember, transactions are only for thread communication. You start a
> transaction, fetch the next work item from the shared work queue, and the
> transaction. Then you process the work item, calling whatever libraries you
> need. Simples.

And if the work item is in a class written that does I/O to obtain it, or to
log a message, or etc etc etc?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"