POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm in the mood for monads : Re: High theory Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High theory
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Apr 2012 04:09:28
Message: <4f97b138$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/04/2012 06:13 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/23/2012 3:19, Invisible wrote:
>> ∃ i ∈ S: ∀ x ∈ S, i # x = x # i = x.
>
> I must say it cracks me up that you type things like this and also bitch
> about HTML entities not being part of XML.

How do you think I got access to the symbols in the first place? I wrote
an HTML document with the right entities in it, loaded it into Firefox
and I was then able to copy and paste them into Thunderbird.

Interestingly, when you put non-ASCII characters into an NNTP post, it
actually works. When you write them into an XML document, it fails
horribly. (In fact, not even non-ASCII. The £ symbol tends to go wrong
too...)