POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 24 Apr 2012 08:09:39
Message: <4f969803$1@news.povray.org>

> Oddly, I tried both an older DOS disk, and to run a disk diagnostic disk
> that I think belongs to the drive itself. The first one showed:
>
> Unable to find command processor, for example, C:\Command.com, press
> enter to try again, or reboot the machine.
>

> The diagnostic disk did the same thing, only with C> on it. Why this
> would happen, unless it was somehow trying to look at the HDD for it, is
> beyond me. Very odd....

your autoexec.bat sets the COMSPEC variable to point to a copy of
command.com on the C: drive.  This is usefull for software that unload
command.com from memory to get an additional 40K of usable ram, they
need to know where to get it back when they're done.

If you have access to an editor, remove the "SET COMSPEC=" line from the
autoexec.bat and reboot.  If not, rename autoexec.bat

This should allow you to run fdisk /mbr from the floppy.