POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Transition between two medias : Transition between two medias Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Transition between two medias
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Apr 2012 03:25:47
Message: <4f96557b@news.povray.org>
I am struggling with the following. Muddy water flowing out of an
estuary towards sea, eventually sinks down/mixes with sea water some
distance from the coast. The easy approach is shown in the image below:
two boxes, sliced by a plane, and filled with two different media each
(one absorption, one scattering).

I would prefer a more diffuse approach using a spherical pattern for
instance, but I am unable to come up with a working code that can do
that properly.

Any idea? Thanks!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message