POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Domenator II, the sequel : Re: Domenator II, the sequel Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Domenator II, the sequel
From: Philippe Gibone
Date: 23 Apr 2012 11:53:43
Message: <4f957b07@news.povray.org>
Hi Thomas,

Very good news.

> (1) Not sure what Translation Z does. Now it shears the dome, allowing  an
> inside view. Is that correct?
It is a scaling along the z-axis (in OpenGL and Moray, which happens to be
the y-axis in POV-Ray) this scaling is done before the struts and spheres
are created (it has no particular effect on the "faces").
I enclosed an image of a Dome with no scaling (on the left), with pov-ray
z-scaling (in the middle) and with the Dome z-scaling (on the right)

> (2) Materials: How are they invoked?
I choose materials rather than textures because when you want to use a
texture, you just have to write :
#declare Mat1 = {texture {myFavoriteTexture}}
And you have turn your favorite texture into a material.

> (3) Mesh2{} would be great eventually, including the csg objects.
If you're not the only one to be interested in I will (if you're the only
one, it will take a little bit more of time ;-)).

Regards

Philippe

--
Philippe

4f95013e$1@news.povray.org...
> On 22-4-2012 19:32, Philippe Gibone wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> I'm really sorry for that, OpenGL seems to be a real mess, this is my
>> first
>> programm using it, it may be the last.
>>
>> The DLL on my computer are :
>> glu32.dll  22/08/2001  21:00           116 736
>> glut32.dll 27/03/2005  12:10           483 460
>>
>> Hope that helps
>
> It does, Philippe, thanks. I just copied my youngest glut32.ddl from
> Silo2 to the Domenator directory. It works now. Going to play ;-)
>
> ...later: Works well and hugely enjoyable. A couple of questions:
> (1) Not sure what Translation Z does. Now it shears the dome, allowing
> an inside view. Is that correct?
> (2) Materials: How are they invoked?
> (3) Mesh2{} would be great eventually, including the csg objects.
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ScaleZ.jpg' (100 KB)