POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Apr 2012 09:25:03
Message: <4f95582f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Nobody gets tendinitis just from using a mouse.
>
> I have two weeks off work, 10 physiotherapy sessions and a visit from an
> occupational therapist at home to redesign my work space that disagree
> with you.

OK. So maybe you had the desk at the wrong height or something? IDK.
I've been using a mouse since I was 12, sometimes staying up to program
until 2 in the morning, and it hasn't caused my any trouble.

FWIW, I also play keyboard, where you have to constantly support the
entire weight of your arm all the time. And I played violin for years...

> When you need to use the mouse with your right hand, you need to lift
> your arm over the numeric keypad and off to the side to grab the mouse,
> then move the arm back to the keyboard so that your can continue typing.
> In most cases, this means lifting your entire arm from the shoulder on
> down, whereas if you were using your mouse left-handed, you'd only need
> to move your wrist, with your elbow still resting on the chair's arm rest.

I usually have an arm rest set up so I only have to lift my forearm, not
my entire arm, but hey.

> Repeated sporadic use of the mouse over the course of two long mights
> and days of work did cause me to have tendinitis bad enough that I had
> to be driven to the hospital since I could no longer lift my right arm
> at the shoulder, and it would have been too dangerous to try to drive in
> those conditions.

Damn. And to think that I have to lift 14 stone of my dance partner...

That said, my shoulder *does* hurt now! >_<