POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 23 Apr 2012 08:28:14
Message: <4f954ade$1@news.povray.org>

>> Not to mention a lot cheaper than a dozen
>> occupational therapy sessions due to tendinitis or carpal tunnel
>> syndrome.
>
> Nobody gets tendinitis just from using a mouse.

I have two weeks off work, 10 physiotherapy sessions and a visit from an
occupational therapist at home to redesign my work space that disagree
with you.

When you need to use the mouse with your right hand, you need to lift
your arm over the numeric keypad and off to the side to grab the mouse,
then move the arm back to the keyboard so that your can continue typing.
  In most cases, this means lifting your entire arm from the shoulder on
down, whereas if you were using your mouse left-handed, you'd only need
to move your wrist, with your elbow still resting on the chair's arm rest.

Repeated sporadic use of the mouse over the course of two long mights
and days of work did cause me to have tendinitis bad enough that I had
to be driven to the hospital since I could no longer lift my right arm
at the shoulder, and it would have been too dangerous to try to drive in
those conditions.