POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm in the mood for monads : Re: I'm in the mood for monads Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm in the mood for monads
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Apr 2012 04:07:02
Message: <4f950da6@news.povray.org>
On 22/04/2012 07:19 PM, Warp wrote:
> http://byorgey.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/monad_tutorial.jpg

Coming back to what I said earlier... Monads aren't actually that
complicated. It's just that it's a rather abstract idea, and it's not
really "like" anything else most programmers will be familiar with.

I think the huge profusion of monad tutorials just reinforces the idea that

1. Monads are really, really hard.

2. Monads are incredibly important. (I.e., if you don't understand them,
you can never use Haskell.)

3. Once you understand them, it will fundamentally change your life.

None of these statements are actually true...