POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon progress report : Re: Gancaloon progress report Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon progress report
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Apr 2012 04:21:33
Message: <4f911c8d$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-4-2012 9:31, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 12-4-2012 21:14, Becraft, Robert wrote:
>> I love the landscape and your integration of your structures into the
>> model.
>> I've worked with POV for almost 15 years and still struggle with
>> landscapes. Do
>> you have a posting of the technique you used to lay out the roads and
>> place the
>> town buildings?
> Thanks Robert. I shall write down a couple of things explaining my
> technique (which is still evolving by the way). Coming soon.

Took a while but I spent a necessary time on writing down things I had
almost forgotten. Never take your memory for granted ;-) So, I am glad
to have done this exercise.

I shall put now an explanatory  pdf file in the p.b.tutorials newsgroup
under the heading "Gancaloon Making Of". Any questions will be gladly
answered.

Thomas