POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2012 21:45:52
Message: <4f90bfd0@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2012 10:14, nemesis wrote:
> yes. It's easy to rewrite Make from scratch for your every projects.

Maybe your projects. Mine compiles 1934 packages, and it's a pretty trivial
program by google standards. :-)

> BTW, do your scripts handle automatic compilation of only the parts that
> were last updated?

Even better. Mine doesn't even compile code that *you* compiled previously.
It also doesn't run unit tests for code that didn't change since last time
it was tested. It also tells the builders of the libraries I use if they
change code that breaks my code that depends on them.

It's pretty cool, but still a fair PITA sometimes.

>> (I wonder why nobody has yet thought of making an editor where you can add
>> buttons to the toolbar and kind arbitrary commands to them? You could even
>> give them keyboard shortcuts...)
>
> emacs can do that. And any decent text editor allows you to bind some
> keyboard shortcut to some command.

Yah. We call it an IDE. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)