POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Day 6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Day 6
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Apr 2012 16:23:11
Message: <4f90742f$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/04/2012 12:17 PM, Warp wrote:

>    If you want to read something actually useful about C++, try the
> "Effective" book series by Scott Meyers (or at the very least "Effective
> C++" and "More Effective C++"). They actually contain some competent and
> easy to understand information.
>
>    "Effetive STL" is probably also good.

I had a look at Effective C++ on Amazon. They let you look at a handful
of pages before you buy it. By doing so, I already learned more about
C++ in a few pages than anything the naff book I'm currently reading
taught me.

On the other hand, it appears to be aimed at people who already know the
C++ language. That isn't really me, yet. I know some of the syntax, but
certainly not all of it, or what all of it actually does.

I'll see what kind of prices I can find for it...