POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teach yourself C++ in 21 days : Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teach yourself C++ in 21 strange malfunctions
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Apr 2012 15:32:29
Message: <4f90684d@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 escreveu:
> On 19/04/2012 06:14 PM, nemesis wrote:
>> BTW, do your scripts handle automatic compilation of only the parts that
>> were last updated?
>
> No, my compiler does that. :-P

so, all your programs are some monolithic piece of software with all
parts compiled in one go?

>> oh, sorry. Forgot you use a lameass DOS command prompt...
>
> There's a DOS command prompt that /isn't/ lame?

No, but there's at least powershell, which is lame *and* heavy.

>>> (I wonder why nobody has yet thought of making an editor where you can
>>> add buttons to the toolbar and kind arbitrary commands to them? You
>>> could even give them keyboard shortcuts...)
>>
>> emacs can do that.
>
> Emacs doesn't even have a GUI yet. :-P

it's GUI is useful enough to have buttons per-mode and to write a web
browser for.

>> And any decent text editor allows you to bind some
>> keyboard shortcut to some command.
>
> I've yet to find one, but OK.

you should look at any editor aside notepad.

>> it`s much easier when you it all on the command-line. ;)
>
> Yeah. That way you can't look at more than one file at once. Oh, wait...

you're nuts.  Any decent editor has support for several file buffers.
You may navigate them through with file buffer lists or tag files...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9