POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git : Re: Git Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2012 20:36:07
Message: <4f8b6977$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2012 1:46, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> On 4/11/2012 2:57, Warp wrote:
>>>     Who thought this would be a good idea?
>
>> On the other hand, it prevents you from having to check out the entire
>> repository just to get one project.
>
>    Shouldn't different projects go into different branches?

You mean different repositories? Yes, you can do it that way, but then you
have to deal with people checking out branches in different places.

E.g., if I have a GUI for some code, and the back end, (or the kernel and a
bunch of drivers,) I might want to have them both in the same tree because
they make references to files via relative paths, but I might want to be
able to compile the back end without compiling the GUI.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"