POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tone mapping in povray : Re: tone mapping in povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tone mapping in povray
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Apr 2012 10:34:19
Message: <4f8adc6b@news.povray.org>
Le 15/04/2012 14:35, Florian Siegmund nous fit lire :
> Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it a fact that povray has always suffered
> from a linear lighting model?

I think povray has always suffered from a lack of clear explanation &
tutorial on finish settings.

pigment/color are pretty easy to understand: a red, a green, a blue
component. And a touch of mixing with transmit & filter. Simple, easy,
and enough.

On the other side, the finish is not exposed with a global vision.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'apparence.png' (128 KB)

Preview of image 'apparence.png'