POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2012 04:03:55
Message: <4f87ddeb$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2012 05:28 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/11/2012 6:05, Invisible wrote:
>> Currently I'm seriously ****ed off with Amazon. When you buy something
>> from
>> them and the price on screen is X, you expect to pay X, plus some
>> negligible
>> amount for postage. You to /not/ expect to pay 1.5 X.
>
> What was the increase? Postage?

Apparently the item was shipped from SOUTH KOREA. (!) Not saying that it
was made in an underground sweatshop, but it *is* South Korea...

When I bought it, there was no indication that it was coming from
another country, or that it wasn't actually being sold by Amazon.

> Did you buy from amazon, or from someone
> selling their stuff through amazon?

I really, *really* hate it that you can buy something on Amazon, and
it's not actually being sold by Amazon. To me, this is fraud, and should
not be allowed. It is /also/ fraud to sell second-hand items and claim
that they are "new". Being in "nearly new condition" is not, and will
never be, the same thing as being "new".

>> But hey, what can you do? It's not as if you can, I don't know, /file a
>> complaint/ or anything. Nor that they would even /care/ if you did...
>
> I think you underestimate amazon's customer service. They're one of the
> best in the business.

O RLY?

Then why is there no way of filing a complaint? Why do I have to dig
through twenty five menu pages to get at an actual telephone number? Why
is it so damned hard to contact them?

(I might also ask "why is the Internet so full of people being given the
run-around by their customer service department", but I guess the answer
is that /every/ large company has that...)