POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just got my very first real job! : Re: Just got my very first real job! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just got my very first real job!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Apr 2012 01:28:01
Message: <4f851661$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/10/2012 9:20 AM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I recently accepted an offer on my very first "real" job (as in not an
> internship or a temporary job to earn money while going to school). I
> don't start until the end of the summer, but when I do I'll be joining
> Adobe Advanced Technology Labs as a research engineer (they're the folks
> behind content aware fill, that deblurring tech demo, etc.).
>
> It's exciting! and all I have to do in the mean time is actually
> graduate...
Ah, so we know who to hit up for copies of shit that literally costs
more than a damn car, but only does about 10% (of really critical stuff)
more than its inadequate competition can manage. ;) lol

Kidding, but Adobe, among others, are *excellent* examples, imho, of
what is wrong with *not* having cheaper versions, for people that need
some of the functionality of a product, but can't afford the full blown
Lear Jet version... Some day, I hope to have Rhino, but short of having
it fall out of the sky into my lap, that isn't going to happen. I do
have Photoshop now, but.. god was that a hit in the wallet. I would have
been better off sticking with the "mostly" similar Paintshop Pro, or
even trying to get Gimp to make some sort of sense. lol