POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git : Re: Git Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Apr 2012 15:05:49
Message: <4f84848d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> I gather a number of people do use Git, however.

the understatement of the year!  well, since it's Andrew, perhaps just
of the month, we'll see...

It's now all around us.  Plus, it's a cool word.  I hope Gimp uses Git. :)

> All of this stuff gets /much/ easier to follow with gitk to show me WTF
> is actually happening. Unfortunately, Git seems to be a Unix
> application, meaning that you cannot install it without first installing
> a Unix emulator. The default installer binary seems to install MSYS,
> including Bash, Perl, Tk, and a whole bunch of other stuff. *sigh*

way to go!

You know git was written as a reverse engineering of the proprietary cvs
the Linux kernel project was using at some point, right?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9