POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Apr 2012 11:56:27
Message: <4f84582b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Compare pretty much any criteria and cars have vastly improved.
>
> How about, uh, speed?
>
> 30 years ago, cars could do 70 MPH. Today, cars can do 70 MPH. As far as
> I know, there's little to no improvement in acceleration either.
> Expensive cars were always faster than cheap cars, but other than that,
> not much change in three decades. Braking is the only thing I can think
> of which might have improved; we have ABS now.

This is what happens when you hit [send] too fast. ;-)

I wonder how much computers would have improved if it was illegal for a
computer to perform more than seventy billion instructions per second?

Brings a whole new meaning to the words "Internet Explorer has performed
an illegal operation and must be shut down". ;-)