POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git : Re: Git Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Apr 2012 11:08:35
Message: <4f844cf3$1@news.povray.org>
> OTOH, it's irritating to have to switch branches, click "merge
> revision...", select the branch I was just on, and then switch back
> again every single time I want to update one branch to match another. I
> imagine this is a limitation of the NetBeans, and if I used Git directly
> there would be a command to immediately update a branch without actually
> switching to it.

Another irritating thing is that creating a new branch does not /switch
to/ that branch. Just now I created a new branch, did a commit, and then
realised it updated the old branch, not the new one.

Fortunately, since a "branch" is simply a bookmark, all I need to do is
wind the new branch forward and wind the old one backwards.
Unfortunately, NetBeans can wind a branch forward, but cannot easily
wind backwards. Fortunately gitk can, but then NetBeans is confused,
until I switch branches back and forth a few times.

Damn that was irritating! LOL.