POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome Machine : Re: Awesome Machine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome Machine
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 9 Apr 2012 15:20:38
Message: <4f833686$1@news.povray.org>
>> I found this significantly less impressive than expected.
>
> you're a weird geek.

Well, since geeks are by definition weird... :-P

I think it's the fact that the balls don't actually make any sound, they
just trigger an electronic sensor which then plays the sound. I mean,
the computer could trigger the sound even if the ball doesn't hit, and
fake the whole thing.

It would be /far/ more impressive if the physical impact of the balls
actually make a real sound, with no electronic trickery. (On the other
hand, I suspect it would be difficult to put the necessary kinetic
energy into the ball without firing it half way across the building
first...)