POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : povray with moray using win7 : Re: povray with moray using win7 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray with moray using win7
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Apr 2012 07:43:37
Message: <4f82cb69$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-4-2012 11:28, Stephen wrote:

>>> Oh dear! That means that I can't get any greater. I am so
>>> dissapointed. ;-)
>>
>> Henceforward, you have been designated by majority consensus as the
>> leading trouble shooter on this issue :-)
>>

> Is that a consensus of one? ;-)
Of course! I am the majority :-) Plus Peter makes it the majority + one....

> Anyway it has been almost 6 years since I have used Moray. So I am not
> the best person to be the guru.
>
>> On a more serious note: I should reinstall Moray in the near future.
>>

> Why? You are doing well enough without it.
> I need it or Bishop3D to help me visualise and build the scene. Without
> an import function it becomes less useful as PovRay SDL moves away from
> earlier versions.
> I look forward to when development of Moray can restart.

True that I am doing well without, but there are a couple of things that
are interesting to do in Moray, especially a number of plugins.
Otherwise, I prefer to build with meshes nowadays, which also render
faster. Like you say, Moray is certainly useful in helping visualize
scene building, which is also my reason to look forward to a new version.

Thomas