POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: nemesis
Date: 8 Apr 2012 20:33:08
Message: <4f822e44@news.povray.org>
Em 08/04/2012 19:22, Darren New escreveu:
> On 4/8/2012 13:08, nemesis wrote:
>> Uncharted and God of War for Playstation 3 are 2 modern 3D games that
>> have
>> as much perfect and solid good old 16-bit side-scroller feel to them as
>> possible in a 3D world. Seriously, action games need not be just FPS...
>
> Uncharted as a 3D side-scroller? That's ... a novel way of looking at it.

Sure, there's plenty of shooting and brawling, but the focus is on
exploration and platforming.  It reminds me very much of classic
side-scrollers such as Castlevania, Flashback, Blackthorne and even Pitfall.

of course, its more direct lineage is Tomb Raider, which was an early
attempt at bringing side-scrolling action into 3D.