POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Apr 2012 16:23:30
Message: <4f81f3c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/8/2012 2:06 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Put simply, the game involves building a thriving settlement. You don't
>>> control the actual settlers (i.e., people) directly. Instead, you build
>>
>> sounds like all other strategy God-view game out there, including
>> Populous, Civilization and Simcity.
>
> Yeah, I tried Civilization once. It's more like playing a board game.
> Couldn't figure out how to work it at all. Very dull.
>
> As far as I can tell, Simcity is for people who enjoy making virtual
> people do silly and/or erotic things to each other.

That is "The Sims". Simcity centers on trying to build just the
infrastructure, like buildings, roads, etc., to keep a basically
non-visible (unless you count cars moving on roads) population happy and
productive. And, its a pain in the butt to play, especially when the
simulation drops in some sort of disaster. At that point, everything was
going fine, and now the city is in chaos, all your careful planning has
gone down the drain, and you have to decide to either pick up the
pieces, somehow, or get pissed off and just generate more disasters, to
watch the city burn. lol