POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Java: Some things never change : Re: Java: Some things never change Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Java: Some things never change
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Apr 2012 16:18:06
Message: <4f81f27e$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/8/2012 1:53 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> I haven't seen any other debugger fail in this way. I've seen debuggers
> where you can't /see/ all the local variables, only the once you've
> configured to "watch". But I haven't seen a debugger where the watched
> variables don't actually frigging update at random. I can only imagine
> it's a bug. A bug... in the debugger. Now that's meta.

Thing is, I have seen it. I don't remember the context, but I think it
had something to do with "when" and "how" I added the watch for that
variable. Something to do with creating it "during" the execution of the
function, instead of as a global watch, tied to 'all' copies of that
specific function's variables, or something.

And, while I can't be sure, I think it was one of the higher end
debuggers. But, yeah, it could have been a bug too.