POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Universal Turing Machines : Re: Universal Turing Machines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Universal Turing Machines
From: Warp
Date: 8 Apr 2012 14:50:40
Message: <4f81de00@news.povray.org>
> A TM can calculate an answer *isomorphic* to the answer of an arbitrary
> problem, but it can't solve the actual problem as stated.

  I don't really understand what the difference is.

  The only isomorphism I'm familiar with is graph isomorphism, and there
it's one of the strictest forms of graph equality. (Not only do isomorphic
graphs define the same language, but they are geometrically identical,
in other words they have the same amount of nodes and arcs, and there's
a one-to-one mapping between each one of them; if the nodes and/or arcs
are named, the names have to also correspond in the mapping.)

  It's hard to get any closer to identical than that.

--
                                                          - Warp