POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Java: Some things never change : Re: Java: Some things never change Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Java: Some things never change
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Apr 2012 12:05:01
Message: <4f81b72d$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/8/2012 1:53, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 11:01 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 4/7/2012 11:01, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> So what would you use?
>>
>> I would use something specific to what I'm configuring, if possible. I
>> don't want my makefiles, my database schema, my network packet layout,
>> and my description of my UI to all be written in the same language.
>
> Um... why?

Because that means you're using the wrong language for all of them. It's
inefficient, confusing, and full of senseless markup that's irrelevant to
the problem at hand.

How would you feel if someone said "We're replacing Haskell syntax with XML"?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"