POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Apr 2012 23:16:52
Message: <4f810324$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/6/2012 2:11 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> They could go a long way by changing the protocol so you can't "fake"
>> the source, and the tracking
>
> Yeah, but that means a breaking change to the mail protocol.
>
> Will. Not. Happen.
>
> Heck, they invented a way to check that the source mail server is
> authorised to send mail, and large ISPs manage to screw that up.
>
> (When receiving mail, you're supposed to look up the domain of the
> source server and check for an authorisation record in the DNS.
> Apparently some doofus thought it would be a good idea to also check the
> domain OF THE EMAIL ADDRESS - despite the RFC explicitly saying that you
> must not do this...)
Uh.. Why would that make any sense, I mean other than the possibility
that some moron would use a domain that didn't have a record at all, and
thus generate, "Yep, absolutely a complete fake!" Still, if you do check
both, and the two being checked do not come back with the same
information, that is also a sign there is something wrong, its just.. I
really doubt, from your comment, that they did that, instead of
something much stupider. lol