POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Apr 2012 16:19:17
Message: <4f7dfe45$1@news.povray.org>
>> I do enjoy writing.
>
> pity you did decide not to go into research.

Are you kidding me? I *suck* at research! :-S

> BTW settlers is the reason I stopped playing games on the computer.
> Two reasons: it took too much time

Well, it /does/ take a hell of a long time, yes.

> and at some point when trying to get
> some sleep I was still seeing these guys walking around on the inside of
> my eyelids.

Haha! Try spending a week skiing. After a while, you say in bed trying
to sleep, and you swear you can feel skis on the ends of your legs,
pulling them this way and that as they run over the crisp snow... mmm...

Alternatively, try playing HalfLife 2. Ravenholm gave me nightmares.
(Gotta love the way it's the level you're going to spend the longest
time playing, because it's so ridiculously hard that you'll never get
past it...)

> Positive point: I used to play it also with my brother.

Yeah, me and my dad are both addicts. It's one of the very few computer
games he actually plays. The other one is freecell. You know, the shitty
one that comes with Windows? Yeah, that. He's got an Access database
tracking which game IDs he's solved and everything.