POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Apr 2012 16:14:34
Message: <4f7dfd2a@news.povray.org>
> You never know. You might become famous.

Ha! Yeah. :-P

But I'm /already/ the POV-Ray mascot. Isn't that famous? :-P And of
course, /now/ I'm fat-32. :-S

>> It's hardly the /first/ - that would be The Great Big Enormous Turnip, a
>> preschool educational title that mum bought for our Sinclaire ZX
>> Spectrum. ;-)
>
> When you were two years old?

Well, slightly older than that, but yeah.

>>> Bugger me if it did not remind me of how
>>> useless I am at games and didn't even get out of Arthur Dent's bedroom
>>> before I got bored.
>>
>> Haha! You know it's true. ;-)
>>
> Don't I just.
> It is a big disappointment to me. Minesweeper is my limit.

Minesweeper is actually surprisingly hard. I suck at that...

>> (I presume you meant "interested"...)
>
> I did but an interesting party would be better. ;-)

I agree.

Apart from the final close-bracket, this is a valid Haskell expression.
Isn't that wonderful? (Of course, it doesn't actually type-check, since
the type of (.)(.) is (a1 -> b -> c) -> a1 -> (a -> b) -> a -> c,
whereas the type of #- is Int# -> Int# -> Int#.)