POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Apr 2012 13:17:30
Message: <4f7dd3aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/04/2012 4:48 PM, Invisible wrote:
> Nah, who cares? If nobody reads it here of all places, then nobody on
> Earth is ever going to want to read it. :-P

I think that you should put it on your blog. I found it interesting
enough to wander down memory lane. Thinking about the first computer
game I played. It was called Kingdom, it was text based and I played it
on a PDP-11. A similar idea to The Settlers but much simpler. You
decided how much of the grain harvest you would let the farmers keep for
planting next years crop, how much you would sell and how you would
spend your tax money. Then I thought of the first (of two) PC game I
bought. It was the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. So I went off to
the BBC site to play it. Bugger me if it did not remind me of how
useless I am at games and didn't even get out of Arthur Dent's bedroom
before I got bored.

You have a good writing style so you should keep it available for an
interesting party to read.

--
Regards
     Stephen