POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Apr 2012 17:27:38
Message: <4f78c84a$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/1/2012 6:40 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> http://www.fastcompany.com/1826121/employers-want-your-facebook-password-now
>>

> Some employers are arseholes. Don't work for them.
>
> If some employer wanted access to my personal data, I would simply
> refuse. If that means they don't hire me, that's their loss, not mine,
> IMHO.

Sadly, like the argument that American Libertarians fail to grasp, along
with Tea Partiers, and a lot of Republicans, when it comes to economics,
business practices, regulation, and buying politicians, the
***biggest*** problem with this idea is that it only works until
most/all of them are doing it.

The example I just used today was if the government wasn't allowed to
regulate carnivals, so every carnival had prizes booths that cheated
people, and it turned out that the number of the cheating just happened
to be 100% of them. Going to a different booth isn't going to work, nor
is going to a different carnival. But, according to the morons, the
"free market", whether you are a buyer, or the guy trying to find a job,
or you are worried someone might find that you read hustler, instead of
playboy (or just read either), is supposed to somehow fix this, without
someone else stepping in to stop them doing it.