POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: James Holsenback
Date: 1 Apr 2012 11:03:38
Message: <4f786e4a$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/2012 09:40 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 01:42 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745
>
> So they're talking about allowing traffic analysis. No actual data
> content, just what you looked at and when.
>
> It's rather worrying that anyone "official enough" would be able to
> browse through any data they want without needing a warrant. But beyond
> that, I suspect whoever suggested this doesn't quite comprehend the
> volume of data we're talking about here. The daft thing is, the
> technically sophisticated criminals these measures are purportedly
> supposed to catch will easily get around them, so it affects only naive
> innocent citizens.
>
> I gather last time somebody proposed this, it didn't get very far due to
> massive opposition. I expect the same thing to happen with this one.
>
>> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/statement-president-hr-1540
>>

> TL;DR.
>
>> http://www.fastcompany.com/1826121/employers-want-your-facebook-password-now

All this (the apparent trend) I find troubling.

> Some employers are arseholes. Don't work for them.
>
> If some employer wanted access to my personal data, I would simply
> refuse. If that means they don't hire me, that's their loss, not mine,
> IMHO.

Recently I applied for part time work at a local grocery ... walking
distance, and hey a little extra cash right! They wanted a saliva test
for heavens sake. I declined because I thought it was a bit extreme, and
(not to mention) an invasion of my privacy. There's a BIG disconnect
going on here! Average, normal ... or whatever you want to call them
folks are getting walked all over.